Wednesday, August 24, 2011

THURSDAY THIRTEEN #138

THIRTEEN OF MY FAVORITE

"MAD MEN" QUOTES


I love Don Draper. I love the 1960s. I even love "the ad game." So naturally I love Mad Men, and therefore am sad that the new season isn't set to premiere until March 2012! This TT is designed to help me as I jones.



#1 Don and Peggy

Don: It’s your job. I give you money. You give me ideas.

Peggy: But you never thank me.

Don: That’s what the money is for!


#2 Roger

“Well, I gotta go learn a bunch of people’s names before I fire them.”


#3 Don on his secretary, Miss Blankenship

"I would have my secretary do it, but she's dead."


#4 Roger

"Remember, every time God closes a door, he opens a dress."


#5 Trudy Campbell on the events of 11/22/63

"I don't care what your politics are. This is America! You just don't shoot the President!"


#6 Peggy seeks creative inspiration

"I'm Peggy Olson and I want to smoke marijuana."


#7 Don seeks creative inspiration

“What you call love was invented by guys like me to sell nylons.”


#8 Bobbie Barrett

"Pick a job and become the person who does it."


#9 Joan waxes philosophical

"That’s life for you. One minute you’re on top of the world, the next minute some secretary’s running you over with a lawnmower."


#10 Don

"If you don't like what's being said, change the conversation."


#11 Don and Midge discuss their future.

Don: Maybe we should get married.

Midge: You think I'd make a good ex-wife?


#12 Don and Pete discuss their future

Pete: I'd follow a guy like you into battle blindfolded. And I wouldn't be the first, would I, buddy?

Don: Let's take it a little slower. I don't want to wind up pregnant.


#13 Don's way of getting past calamity

"Move forward. This never happened. It will shock you how much this never happened."



To learn more about the Thursday Thirteen,
or to play along yourself, click here.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:46 AM

    There is nothing bad about this series. Not the writing, the acting, the sets. the cosume design; nothing except the off season breaks. I'm watching reruns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plenty of quotes in a series from a less PC era. We enjoy it in UK too (but are usually a few weeks/months behind)

    I've done a Thursday Thirteen too, it's here at rashbre central

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've reminded me how much I like this show, and how annoyed i am that we shall have to wait till 2012 to see the new season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:11 PM

    #4 just makes Roger sound hopeful. lol

    - Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pick a job and become the person who does it- too funny.

    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/08/is-your-state-a-happy-state/

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. You make me what to watch Mad Men. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. #7 is totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.