Tuesday, August 09, 2011

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 9

Leo is coming home! This Chicago Tribune article helped Sgt. Tim Johannsen's wife raise the $800 required to bring Leonidas the Dog home from Afghanistan ... and then some! Last time I checked, they were closer to $8,000! The money not used to transport Leo will be donated to The Puppy Rescue Mission to help keep more soldiers and their pets together.

The Afghanistan war has gone on too long and has caused too much suffering. Learning of little Leo right after hearing about the Navy Seals who died in that helicopter crash raised my spirits some. I'm proud and grateful that our troops can still find some humanity and grace in their hearts. And I am so proud and happy I was able to play a small part in rescuing the dog who seeks shelter and comfort with the Sergeant as mortars fall.

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.