Friday, August 19, 2011

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 19

Cat naps. And I mean that literally. My big ol' tomcat, Joey, was asleep on my bed when I left for work this morning. When I got home this afternoon at about 2:00, he hadn't yet moved. Since I was home early, an exciting event, he roused himself and stretched contentedly. The sight literally tugged at my heart. He must be 15 years old now (he was an adult shelter rescue, so it's impossible to know for sure), and I'm glad he's so happy and has enjoyed such a good life.

Joey truly is an inspirationally happy soul, always has been. In the 13 years we have known each other, I have only ever seen him display temper once -- at the vet. And he's frightened by thunderstorms and leaving the house. But other than that, his life is completely copacetic. He loves all humans and felines he meets. He seldom turns his nose up at food and he never begs. And he always, always wants a good head rub.

1 comment:

  1. Will he lounge with you while you're recovering?

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.