Friday, July 22, 2011

Little things mean a lot

I must remember that.

A former secretary, a woman I haven't spoken to in years, friended me on Facebook. Our lives are so different now that we have nothing in common and she's always been just kind of peripheral.

Tonight, when scrolling down through messages from my "friends," something she posted caught my eye. She was begging for a positive sign, anything. So I wrote something about her being nice and deserving nice things. Blah blah. It was nothing.

It meant so much to her that I'm embarrassed. It only takes a moment to be thoughtful. I must do it more often.

1 comment:

  1. when we take our eyes off "self" we see the needs of others.
    your eyes are not yourself Gal...

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.