Saturday, April 16, 2011

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out

1. What is the most “down and out” that you've ever been? When I first moved into my own place, I thought I could get by on what I was making and I was almost right. Then I got a wretched toothache and needed a root canal and a crown. I didn't have dental insurance. I also didn't have enough for the down payment required before I could finance the procedure. I was $160 short. My uncle sent me a check for that amount. (My mom told him of the situation and how worried she was about me.) I called and told him I couldn't accept it because I couldn't pay it back. He said that attitude was why he was willing to give it to me -- he knew I wouldn't take advantage of his generosity.

2. Do you believe there is only one "right" religion? No. I'm a One God -- Many Paths kinda gal.

3. If you could get back in touch with one person you've lost touch with, who would it be and why? There's a former coworker who was really smart and interesting that I drifted away from. I miss him.

4. Has anyone ever held the key to your heart, but did not know it? Yes.

5. If your lover cheated on you and profusely apologized, might you accept them back into your life? I did. There was so much wrong with that misbegotten relationship that I can't honestly say it was his cheating that broke us up. It didn't help, certainly, but he committed many worse sins as well. I was a ninny. Not for accepting him back into my life, for letting him in in the first place.

6. Have you ever gone to work/school drunk or stoned? If yes, do tell. No.

7. Who is your favorite relative? The uncle in question #1. I lost him last November.

8. What annoys you most? Space hogs. Your backpack or grocery bag should not get it's own seat on the el.

9. Tell us of one thing you used to do that you are not proud of. When I was little I picked my nose.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:09 AM

    Hmmmm , I am 60 and still pick my nose. It is probably a man thing. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your uncle sounds like a very special guy...sorry that you lost him. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, may I say I am worried about Jim. TMI in a IMO thing. I loved your uncle story. It's great to have those type of memories...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sad and sweet about your uncle.

    Have a great weekend!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/04/what-annoys-you-most/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you worded the answer to #2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree there is only one God as well you can see my answers at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.