Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing: The Burnt Toast Meme, Part Two

17. Who would you like to show up at your door to say they love you? Mark Harmon. Of course, he could show up at my office wearing his white and carry me off into the sunset, thereby combining two fantasies.

18. Last furry thing you touched? My cat Joey

19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days? Crestor for my cholesterol and Allegra D for my allergies.

20. Do you miss film or does digital work for you? Digital is fine, except I keep forgetting to get the photos printed up.

21. Favorite age you have been so far? 35. I felt very sexy and womanly, and I was happy in love.

22. Your worst enemy? Me

23. What is your current desktop picture? Jackie Kennedy Onassis keeping her cool even as pursued by paparazzi. It's there to remind me that when the going gets tough, you've got to just put on your sunglasses and keep going.

24. What was the last thing you said that was funny? I'm such a veritable laugh riot that I can't recall

25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be? The money. I'm terrified of flying.

26. Who can't you say “no” to? My best friend. When he thinks I'm not acting in my own best interest, he often talks sense to me in his "dad voice."

27. The last song you bought or downloaded? "Frank Mills" from Hair.

28. What time of day were you born? Midnight. Since it doesn't legally exist, my mother had to choose between 11:59 PM and 12:01 AM. She went with 12:01 AM.

29. What’s your favorite number? Why? 7 -- I don't know why.

30. Where did you live in 1987? On the other side of the tracks. Literally. If the train tracks weren't outside my current abode, I could see my old one from here.

31. Are you jealous of anyone? Yes.

32. Is anyone jealous of you? I suspect so.

33. It's been almost a decade. Where were you when 9/11 happened? I was getting ready for work. Putting on makeup when the first plane hit, tying my shoes when the second plane hit, and listening to the coverage on my Walkman, walking up Randolph, when the third plane hit. I got to the office in tears and was told to turn around and go home -- the Chicago Police were shutting our building down because it housed the Israeli consulate and no one was sure who was behind the attacks, or if Chicago and LA were next. In retrospect, I have no idea why I got on the train at all, why I didn't just stay home where I belonged. Shock, I suppose.

5 comments:

  1. Good answers, liked the laugh riot one. Never realised that midnight didn't legally exist. That's a cool desktop picture. Have a great Sunday, hope Mark Harmon shows up there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:58 AM

    Love your responses.

    There is something about being in our 30's, I think we are invincible at that time in our life, fit, sexually aware, full of energy.

    I like your reason for Jackie. My is just the only program picture I like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to have a friend that can talk sense into you. Where can I find one? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a hard time choosing what age is the best. By default I chose this age since I'm still kicking! And like you, I keep forgetting to print up my digital pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackie always looked great. Good choice.

    Have a great rest of your weekend!

    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/03/if-you-had-to-choose-between-a-million-bucks-or-to-be-able-to-fly-what-would-it-be/

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.