Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"I'm wearing glasses, so I'm serious."

Yesterday this agency suffered another dozen layoffs. This morning we had a huge meeting to clear the air about it, which was nice. We have endured a certain amount of public scrutiny recently, and it was good to get the news from management instead of the blogosphere.

After the BIG meeting, we had our weekly staff meeting. One of my more enduringly annoying coworkers seems to been shaken up by this last round because she showed up wearing her glasses and asking remedial questions about a project we have been working on since November.

I know she was trying to make an impression and she did. I'm just not sure it's the one she meant to make.

And this is part of why I wish my vacation would just get here. I need an attitude adjustment.

Image: Michal Marcol / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

3 comments:

  1. There is a trend at school for girls to wear non-prescription "nerdy" glasses for this very reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for this latest stress. ARGH.

    @Kwiz: Yes, I noticed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. re: Kwiz. I was baffled when Bear bought herself a pair of glasses, but now I suppose I see why.

    Gal: I'm glad to see you made it through the latest round of layoffs. Here's hoping for smooth sailing for the next ten days!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.