Sunday, August 01, 2010

Never can say goodbye

I love my Cubs. It's a love that transcends inconsequential matters like winning and losing. So when I have to say goodbye to special favorites, it's hard. Like my baseball boyfriend, Ryan Theriot, and my favorite leftie, Ted Lilly . Both gone to the Dodgers.

They're gone ... Lou isn't even with the team due to a family tragedy ... yesterday and today I intentionally skipped the games because I can't bear it.

My baseball boycott will end tomorrow when the Cubs take on Milwaukee. But for now, I'm just too sad.

1 comment:

  1. There aren't many tried and true die hard baseball fans out there. Nice to know there are others like me.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.