Thursday, June 24, 2010

I'm so full of it

Sure, yesterday I strongly implied that I had written off the Cubs' 2010 season. And that's true. But the individual games ... I can't look away, I can't not care.

This evening I stayed at work an extra 90 minutes -- until I was literally the last one on the floor -- because the Cub/Mariners game went 13 innings, and I was so afraid that I'd miss that critical last out, that I wouldn't be there, watching Gameday on the computer, when the momentum switched and they won.

Which, thank goodness, they did.

Which is why, when it comes to the Cubs, I'm still all Paula Abdul.

6 comments:

  1. Do the Cubs realize you're such a super fan??

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am trying to win tickets to see the cards & cubs play..free transporation to & from chicago with overnight stay. i swear...and i never swear...if i win those darn things you are going to meet me and go to the game with me...!!!
    by the way...i live in st louis...and really dont have a favorite team...but dont tell anyone you know...or i know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always knew that about you....I think someone should tell the team though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Vivian! There is nothing like the Cards/Cubs rivalry! I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew you wouldn't give up on them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to see that I'm not the only die hard baseball fan out there. I do the same thing, even if it inconveniences me.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.