Saturday, May 08, 2010
Saturday 9: Hey Jealousy
1. When was the last time that you got jealous? Thursday. Finally met a coworker from another department whom I'd previously only dealt with via email. She was gorgeous. Not yet 30, flawless skin, and so thin her entire body weighs less than one of my thighs. Blonde, of course. Oh, and she was highly competent, very good at her job. I know it's not very highly evolved of me, but I was so depressed when I left her office!
2. At what point do you finally decide it's time to move forward with your life (like, major changes)? How do you know? What do you do? Usually in the spring, after I go off on vacation, slipping away by myself for a few days of pampering and alone time. The change in surroundings lends a change in perspective. I have made several big decisions when I've been away -- to buy my own place, to work my down the corporate ladder … How to take the next step in my "real life" somehow seems clearer when I'm away from it for a few days.
3. When is it time to just let it ('it' can be whatever you choose) go? How do you know? What do you do? When "it" no longer works anymore, I make a change.
4. How many times must someone push your buttons before you've just had enough? Why? Depends on the buttons and depends on the someone. There are some areas that are more sensitive, and some people who are more gifted at the button console.
5. If I S/O were to cheat on you, could you ever see yourself giving them a second chance? Or a third? I did, and I learned a valuable lesson. It's not really about the sex, it's about the boundaries. Once I allowed him to hurt me like that, he seemed to think it was acceptable to hurt me in other ways, as well.
6. What was the last thing that someone did that you were very grateful for? Also Thursday. While at the florist, picking up some poms for my desk, I grabbed a spray rose stem and one of the free "Happy Mother's Day" cards for a pregnant coworker. I put it in a second-hand bud vase that I had tucked away on my office window sill and presented it to her. She literally lit up. She hugged me. Later in the day, she emailed me a photo she had taken with her phone, telling me that this was going into her baby book as her first-ever Mother's Day gift. Such a small, offhand gesture meant so much to her, and she was so open in sharing her joy. She touched my heart and this will stay with me for quite some time.
7. How much time do you spend online in a given weekday? What about the weekends? Too much. I haven't timed it.
8. How many online journals/blogs do you read regularly? What are some of your favorites and why? I like different blogs for different reasons ...
• Kwizgiver lives in another part of the country and yet her life feels very familiar to me
• Snarky Pants is a fan girl like me, and once a fan girl, always a fan girl
• Book Mama and Snowbird very generously share their extended family with us
• The Bumbles are baseball and movie fans, two passions that the best people share
• Vivian has a wise heart
• Mimi is enormously talented
9. What was the last major purchase that you made? I booked my New Year's trip to Key West.