Friday, March 19, 2010

The Queen's Meme


Now our Monarch commands us to, "make a wish list of things you want to accomplish or do before you ....um....well....die." And so, as an obedient subject, I did.

Now, finally ready for publication and distribution to all who care --

MY BUCKET LIST

1) Get my condo just the way I want it. New wall tile and sink in the bathroom, new cabinets and floor in the kitchen, exposed brick and new floor in the dining room, new curtains and new carpet and fresh paint everywhere else. This project takes more money, time and organizational skill than I currently possess but someday ... My best friend suggests it might be easier to just move. I suspect that I would soon be thinking the same about my new place, wherever it might be: "If only I had a nicer sink ..." So I might as well do it here.

2) See the Cubs play a World Series game within the Friendly Confines of Wrigley Field. Of course, I need a little help accomplishing this. Guys? Are you reading this? Give an old gal a break and come through for me!

3) Exhaust my TBR. You know that phrase, "so many books, so little time?" I live it. And it's not just the books. I have tons of untouched magazines, too. I would love to have enough leisure time, concentration and discipline to just plough through. (I hope I don't sound too much like old Henry Bemis.)

4) Organize my photos. My kid sister is big into scrap booking. I'm big into throwing photos into a pile under the windowsill. I realize this is not the best way to preserve memories.

5) Look as good as I can. I realize I'll never be confused with Jennifer Aniston. But if I lose weight and get my varicose veins repaired and refresh my wardrobe, I'd be a better looking, more confident gal. For some reason, I keep getting into my own way on this one.

Oh yeah, and I'd like to cure disease, remedy hunger and help others.

To play along, visit The Queen here. And let me know if your ultimate list was as selfish as mine.

3 comments:

  1. I need a bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This list was hard wasn't it? And now I have an entirely new one in my head since yesterday (but I think that's just a pencil skirt affliction unknown to the rest of mankind)

    Anyway...your condo goals sound wonderful but time-consuming and stressful. And I'm so relieve I'm not the only one with umpteen unread magazines. It is my own choice not to stop long enough to read them. That needs to change, my friend.

    Do you get MORE magazine? It's wonderful for women of our particular....vintage. Grin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Your Rod Stewart comment cracked me up. Hot Legs indeed.
    Ha!

    (How about "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?" for a duet with him. That might tame his beasty side.)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.