Wednesday, January 06, 2010

That didn't last long, did it?

Read the post below and you'll see that I was getting all mushy over the job I had in the late 1990s. I realized as I wrote it that I was looking at the past through a rose-colored rear-view mirror, but my feelings were sincere.

Then I got an invitation to connect on Linked In from one of my employees from those days. What a diva he was! I resisted the temptation to respond by saying, "But why? You always thought I was a humorless corporate martinet who stifled your creativity with my slavish devotion to deadlines and budgets." Instead I just deleted it. What's the point? He's 2000 miles away in California, and he should only stay there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.