Monday, November 30, 2009

The Queen's Meme -- The Shopping Madness Meme



1. What is your favorite item to shop for and why? Handbags. Because I love them.

2. Quality vs. Price. Will you buy off-brand replicas at a discount store or must you have the real thing? Why or why not? Quality vs. price is a false choice. For me, it's quality vs. quantity, and quantity wins every time.

3. Have you ever asked a sales clerk to remove something from display if it is the last one in the store? Tell us what special something would make you strip the clothes off a mannequin. I asked the sales clerk at Pier One to take the very last green table lamp out of the display. Does that count? The whole apparel thing would never happen because I'm not quite 5'2, and even the mannequins are taller than I am.

5. I really don't care if a guy goes shopping with me. I'm in my own zone and always have a plan. Are you an alone-shopper or would you like to have company? I'm an alone shopper for myself, but I do enjoy accompanying guys when they shop. They're so cute.

6. Have you ever done anything other than actually try on clothes in a dressing room? (I have no idea why this question followed the previous one. Ahem.)
Yes. I sat on the fitting room floor at Carson's, waiting for my first-ever migraine to pass. I'm sorry I don't have a sexier incident to report. You have no idea how sorry I am that I don't have a sexier incident to report.

7. Do you like or do you get annoyed when salesclerks and store management follows you around asking "May I help you?" a million times? (I have no idea why this question followed the previous one.) Yes. Especially at Nordstrom's. Some people equate that attention with service. It feels like stalking to me.


8. Create your very own store-brand name. (ie; Toys 'R Us, WalMart) What would YOUR establishment's name be? Place the name on this sign. When we are finished with this meme, I'll put them all together and we'll have our very own shopping mall. As you can see, I created my own sign. The photo is just soooooo perfect for the way I'm living right now.

To play along with the Queen, click here.

8 comments:

  1. I do love your sign but I can't imagine you living that way. Oh please. Just doesn't seem you.

    I love handbags as well and shopping alone..guys tend to slow things down and break my concentration...although I do have some interesting dressing rooms stories to report. Check out my post later.
    Actually, some are reportable, some are not.

    Well played!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I put your meme in the Mr. Linky so that everyone can come by and read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've asked clerks to sell me the display a few times.

    Your blog is the featured blog for December at Hot. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your sign lol Gently used lol.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Staling salespersons! That is too funny and it does feel like that.

    Your answers were great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll have everybody queuing at your Emporium!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:24 PM

    How much for the Levi's bag????

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Emporium's name. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.