Saturday, October 17, 2009

What to do?

I'm 3/4 of the way through this long book and believe I have figured out who the murderer is. I am tempted to abandon it. The story -- as all Cornwell stories are -- is very dark. There are aspects that annoy the hell out of me. (Scarpetta, a 50-plus-year-old medical examiner, is somehow one of the biggest celebrities in the country and has become the focus of one of hottest Internet gossip sites; have Jen and Brangelina and Britney all suddenly fallen off the face of the earth?)

But no, I'll finish it. The murderer's motives still have to be revealed, and I need to know what happens to two of the supporting players -- Lucy and Marino. Cornwell has created a compelling domestic manqué and I want to see how all the relationships end up.

3 comments:

  1. Reading that much of the book... I'd finish it. But it's hard for me to not finish something I start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to get into Cornwell, but I don't like first-person fiction. I'd at least skip to the end to find out if you're right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read a couple Cornwell novels, but I just don't find the whole thing believable. I do like Micheal Connelly.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.