Tuesday, September 08, 2009

OPRAH-PALOOZA

Oprah Winfrey shut down a few blocks of Michigan Avenue for the taping of Thursday's show. The event attracted quite a crowd and I'm sure it will show off my city beautifully. Ended up on the train home this evening beside a middle-aged man who was thrilled to have attended the taping. It was obvious when he struck up a conversation that he's slow. He couldn't believe his good fortune in getting as close to the stage as he did. He couldn't wait to get home and hopefully see himself on TV. This was the thrill of a lifetime for him and I'm glad I removed my iPod headphones and listened to him. He needed to share and it was uplifting to hear.

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.