Sunday, July 26, 2009

Memo to Politicians: If you want your kids to be left alone ...

... Don't send them out on an "abstinence speaking tour" and/or encourage them to pose on the cover of People. In her final speech as Alaska's governor Sarah Palin admonished the press to leave her successor's kids alone.

This broad gives me a headache. Less than two months ago, her eldest daughter Bristol appeared solo (I mean, without her parents) on the cover of People magazine. This is no paparazzi shot. This teen mom posed for it. As People announced regarding its exclusive: "
Breast-Feeding Before Classes, Staying in on Prom Night—the Alaska Teenager Graduates from High School and Talks Frankly About the Highs and Lows of Her New '24-Hour-a-Day Job'." It was also during early summer 2009 that Bristol appeared on morning talk shows to discuss teen motherhood.

Even the Blagojevichs haven't promoted their kids' public profiles this way. Sure, Patti ate a tarantula on I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here, but the girls remain off limits. You know you have hit bottom when you make the Blago clan look smart and classy.

I'm sick of Sarah Palin being a professional victim. She actively puts her kids out there, right alongside Jon & Kate, and then whines about the attention. I hope she just goes away. Or gets a talk show on Fox. At least then she'll be contained and easier to avoid.

3 comments:

  1. So, Palin needs to hider her children from the public because of people like you.

    Yeah, that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, thank your for acknowledging the wisdom of my post. The opinion of a complete stranger who doesn't even have a profile means soooooo much to me!

    Keep visiting Blogsearch, looking for people who don't agree with you, and hit and run. It's a very constructive use of your time, my Indiana neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Gal. My sentiments exactly on dear Gunner.

    I'm with you 100%. The kids don't need to be hidden, they need to NOT be exploited for the parent's gain. There's a difference (in case Gunner does a drive-by again).

    Palin is a piece of work, the likes of which only the right wing could create. She won't go away, though. But, like you, I am hoping she is contained somewhere where I won't have to see her (i.e.: Faux Newz).

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.