Thursday, May 21, 2009

What the fu...

Thursday Dick Cheney gave a speech on national security, timed to begin right after President Obama finished an address on the same subject so that Cheney could get equal, unfettered network coverage.

Why? There is only one Pope, only one Heavyweight Champion of the World, and one President at a time. Today the President is Barack Obama. Why should Cheney's thoughts be given the same authority? Dick Cheney not only isn't President, he never was President.

I don't want to hear about Cheney's national security cred. Bush-Cheney had been in office for more than 8 months when Al-Queda hit the World Trade Center. Cheney wasn't protecting me when those planes were headed for the Twin Towers.

I don't want to live in a torture state. Neither do 240,000 of my neighbors who stood beside me last November in Grant Park, when we listened to Barack Obama's acceptance speech. Nationally Barack Obama won 365 electoral votes. The country wants to turn the page on the fear-mongering and the arrogance of the last eight years.

This man personifies fear-mongering and arrogance. Why can't he just borrow a page from Mondale and Quayle and shut up?

3 comments:

  1. Oh honey, of course he was president! You think Bush was more than the idiot boy they put out front? (I know you don't but let's pretend, K?) It's now becoming clear to even the most moronic that Cheney was the MF'er in charge there.

    And yes, he needs to shut the hell up and go away. But he cannot stand that Obama is popular, that his power has gone and he no longer can manipulate things the way he did.

    From an woo-woo perspective, that man's soul is a mess of yuck. It's gonna take him a bizillion lifetimes to burn off this karma.

    I say he should keep speaking because he's digging his own grave. I'm just glad Obama has no fear of taking him head on. I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go away, Dick Cheney!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.