Saturday, May 30, 2009

A sobering note on a sunny day

The sky was blue, the trees were green and I had the Cubs vs. Dodgers was coming in through my headphones. I enjoyed my walk through and around town ... for the most part.

But I was saddened to see three additional stores shuttered. One was a wine store, another was an insurance office, and the third was a T Mobile franchise. It seems that every time I go off wandering, I find that another small business is gone.

This Recession is brutal.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:20 PM

    I went to the mall today and saw that the leather shop had closed shop. I didn't shop there, but it was pretty sad nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.