Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Idol Observation

Tonight belonged to the men. Kris was a teen dream in the David/Shawn Cassidy (or David Archuleta) mold. I thought he was fine on "Do You Remember the Time?", but the little girls in the audience went apeshit. Anoop did "Beat It," and I thought he was fine, too. According to the judges, I'm a cult of one.

Adam, Adam, Adam! He took "Black and White" and made it sound brand new. I'm so impressed. (So was Paula. She went over the top, even by Paula standards, about what a brilliant performer Adam is.)

The only one of the women I really noticed tonight was Alexis Grace, who sang "Dirty Diana" with a rockin' bad-girl spin. Tonight I found all the other girls were completely forgettable. (Gawd, do I sound like Simon?)

Most of all, I'm impressed by how phenomenally gifted Michael Jackson was, and am saddened by the freak he's become.

2 comments:

  1. I think Jorge should have performed Ben. Well, somebody should have. I agree about the girls, although the one that sang Rockin' Robin and let out the caw at the end caught my attention for the wrong reasons.

    This is going to be a very interesting season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can be a party of two in the Anoop fan club. He had me from the first audition, when he told Randy that he could call him Anoop-dog. But really? It's the guy with the new glasses every week (is it Danny Gorkey?) who's my absolute favorite. It will be a fun season.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.