Sunday, August 31, 2008

DAY 31 -- August 08 Happiness Challenge

The Take Care Health Center in Walgreens. And my Cigna insurance. According to the APN who diagnosed it, this slight but tenacious infection is angular chelitis.

The small fissures that resemble paper cuts on either side of my mouth are not what makes me happy. But I'm delighted that I had somewhere to go on a Sunday during the Labor Day weekend where I would be seen without an appointment. Even better, I got a diagnosis and a prescription filled, all for $4.45.

I could have waited until Tuesday, made a doctor's appointment for some day in the future, and have to take a day off from work to see the doctor. By then an uncomfortable malady could turn into a really ugly, embarrassing, gross and uncomfortable malady. (The photos she showed me in her dermatology book were sooooo not pretty!) So I'm happy I was able to just walk on in to the Take Care Clinic.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations for completing the Happiness Challenge!

    And I hope the infection clears up quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:10 AM

    I'm very intrigued by your "Happiness Challenge" and think I just might have to try this myself! My husband tells me to start by listening to Dennis Prager's "Happiness Hour." Not sure if that will help...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try it, Tara! You may enjoy it. It was great to find the good in even the less-than-happy things, like this trip to the clinic.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.