Monday, May 19, 2008

I'm not deleting it ever

Last week a customer service rep from The Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center called to tell me the Lucy nightshirt I ordered had been returned to them because of a mistake in my address. She asked me to confirm the correct address, the shirt came, and I've been slipping into it ever since.

The coolest thing about this entire episode -- other than that the shirt itself, since the whites of Lucy's eyes are soooo bright I think they glow in the dark -- is that when the call came last week, Caller ID read: Lucille Ball (short for The Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center). I love coming home, checking my messages and seeing that Lucy called me.

As silly impulse purchases go, this one has brought me a great deal of joy.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:02 PM

    There's an Italian take out place town town called Tony Soprano's. I ordered from them last year for take out (which I rarely do) and they called back to check the address (because they are idiots and thus I won't order delivery from them again) and the caller id said Tony Soprano. Now, I'm not a Soprano's fan-but it still cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see 'lucille ball' on my caller Id!
    that is so great. I am a Lucy fan too! the shirt looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.