Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #19 - Make a Baby Boomer Say "OUCH!"


Thirteen Celebrity Factoids that Make
THE GAL HERSELF
Really Feel Her Age

Hi. I'm old. And these little news items have hammered that fact home.

Now if you born in 1965 or later, you may look at these 13, yawn and say, "so what?" or "who?" But if you're a Baby Boomer, I bet you that at least one or two will make you say, "OUCH!"

1. Sally Field is a grandmother who promotes osteoporosis meds

2. Donnie Osmond is a grandfather

3. So is Ron Howard

4. Mare Winningham, the sweetheart/mascot of the “young adult drama” St. Elmo’s Fire, played Meredith’s stepmother on Grey’s Anatomy

5. JFK would have turned 90 on May 29

6. Luci Baines Johnson, whose wedding entranced me when I was a little girl, is now the grandmother of 8

7. “Gilligan, the Skipper, too, the Millionaire and his Wife” are all dead (“The Movie Star, the Professor and Mary Ann” are fine, though)

8. Jane Fonda had both hips replaced

9. Zoe Kravitz, daughter of Cosby kid Lisa Bonet, is 18 and will make her acting debut this year

10. “Charlie’s Girls,” the Manson Family hippie chicks who are doing time for the Tate-LoBianco murders, are all in their 60s

11. Mary Wilson of the Supremes had heart bypass surgery

12. The only surviving member of The Mama and the Papas, California Dreamin’ blonde surfer chick Michelle Phillips, now preserves her complexion by staying completely out of the sun

13. 17-year-old American Idol winner Jordin Sparks says she “grew up on the show.”



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



24 comments:

  1. Happy TT. I've posted 13 photographs from a garden I visited recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read the Gilligan's island one to my husband. I do love how you write!

    I can't believe that I didn't recognize Gray's mother, that one slipped by me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an interesting list..Fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all made me wince!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #2 made me say ouch...and #3...and of course #8 (glad I didn't do those tapes of hers!)

    Great list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa Bonet's kid is eighteen???

    Oy. Now I feel old, too.

    Have a happy TT anyway; we're only as young as we feel, and there's no reason to feel old! (despite Lisa Bonet's kid.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Opie is a grandpa??? Time flies!

    Mine is up at Special K Family

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:52 PM

    To me, that last one is just another sign that American Idol has been running for far too long. (And terrifyingly enough, I can almost remember its debut-season ad hype...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:39 PM

    OMG. I was born in 1966, so I am close enough!

    Sigh. Now WHERE did I put my teeth?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:09 PM

    Ouuuuuch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I admit, I'm sitting on the very narrow tail of the baby boom generation, but EVERY ONE OF THESE scared the crap out of me.
    Donnie's a grandfather?!? Shit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was born in 1971 and I said "ouch" to several of those!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, I'm too young for most of this list, but I didn't realize that Cosby Show girl's kid was 18 already!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous1:08 AM

    I'm sniffing 'cuz I feel old and I'm not a baby boomer. I grew up with the reruns of some of these folks and others just always seemed young. Some of them really hit hard. JFK 90! Lisa Bonet with an 18year old kid??!! Jane Fonda getting hip replacement. Somehow, I think I was happier not knowing all this. ;-(

    Very interesting list. Happy TT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jane Fonda had both her hips replaced?!? I knew aerobics weren't good for me!

    Okay, this is uncanny...our topics were the same, our approaches completely different.

    It's way past this old gal's bedtime. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Omg! Yeah, I felt the pinch on several of these, and I'm a '67 baby. Only thing, for me its "Ritchie Cunningham" - not "Opie" s'much - being a grandpa! Oy.

    Ya got a giggle for #7; that was good.

    Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy T13. Those were great celebrity trivia facts. Thanks for the info. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous12:19 PM

    Though I was only born in 1980, number 5 struck a chord with me.

    I never really thought about how old JFK could potentially be had he not been assasinated.

    I got many a chuckle from the other things mentioned on your list. Soon enough I'll be creating a list much like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous1:33 PM

    Ouch! Even those of us born after 65 can understand the examples you gave! Great list, mine is up @ http://emeraldcityguy.wordpress.com/2007/06/07/thursday-thirteen-3/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ok, the Kravitz one even struck me with an ouchie. I figured all the mamas and the papas were dead, then I changed my thought to oh just the talented ones.

    I was stunned to realize paris was 26!! I remember seeing her naked at just 21, oy

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can identify with lots of these things. I graduated the year before JFK became President. I've also had a hip replaced, but because of a bad fall. And, my Mother turned 90 on March 17th. So I understand about feeling older - I also have 5 grandchildren, the oldest graduated HS this year.

    Check out my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I was feeling old and grumpy but you've made me feel young again...

    ReplyDelete
  24. My mouth literally fell open at #2.

    Remember the Donnie and Marie barbie dolls?

    Ouch.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.