Friday, May 04, 2007

My life as Lucy

Every now and again I do something so stupid that I feel like I'm channeling Lucy Riccardo. This morning brought such a moment.

I am trying to be a little greener. This morning, when I went to the kitchen for some paper towels to use in the bathroom as I refreshed/reNaired my bikini line, I tore a couple off the roll and then grabbed the paper napkins that came with last night's carryout. Why waste them? Why not use them?

So I'm sitting on the side of the tub tending to my nether region and listening to the oldies station. Two thoughts occurred to me -- Michelle Phillips is the only surviving member of the Mamas and the Papas, and I can't recall how long I've had the Nair there. Has it been four minutes yet? Has it been less than ten minutes? I truly don't know. The tube warns that very bad things will happen if I leave the Nair on too long.

Deciding that I don't want to risk possible pain down there, I grab a paper napkin and begin wiping away the cream. I look at the napkin and see little dots of orange. ORANGE! Oh … my … God! What have I done to myself? Where could the orange be coming from?

Last night's dinner was cheese pizza. I'm such an idiot.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lucy, I'm ho...Oh My God, this just cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.