Friday, September 01, 2006

And I sank into nothingness

So I'm watching a Gidget rerun. She's writing in her diary, making a fake entry to pass the time, and she pens, "Jeff kissed me as I have never been kissed before, and I got goose-pimply all over." Then goes "EWWW! ICK!" and changes it to "Jeff kissed me as I have never been kissed before, and I sank into nothingness."

The thing that bothers me about this is that I remembered the line. This afternoon, Sally Field and I said, "and I sank into nothingness" together.

Considering that I am battling hormonal acne and that Gidget herself is now the poster girl for an osteoporosis drug, I think we can all agree that this show is very, very old. 40 years, maybe? And still I could remember, "And then I sank into nothingness." Do you suppose that when I was younger I had any idea what Gidget meant?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.