Wednesday, March 09, 2011

I Want Wednesday

I want to remember to "pay it forward." Last night I was carrying the box that contained my new air purifier. The package wasn't heavy but it was unwieldy (at least 20" tall and probably twice as wide), and I had an interesting time maneuvering it onto the train.

A young man (between 25 and 30) not only gave me his seat on the train, he insisted on helping me get it down the stairs. No kidding, he actually said, "I insist you let me take this on the stairs."

Small kindnesses like that don't feel so small to the person on the receiving end. I must remember that and do something similar for someone soon.

3 comments:

  1. I am a firm believer of paying it forward. I try to do random acts of kindness at least once a week. And you got a good one! Chivalry is not dead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the second time that's happened to you?

    I also need to remember to pay things forward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Ms. Silver. I took a tumble a couple of years ago when trying to get a microwave oven onto the train and found myself "depending on the kindness of strangers."

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.