Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Thursday Thirteen #275

Thirteen top TV Show of 72-73. When I was growing up, September meant the end of reruns and the beginning of the new TV season. Let's get into the wayback machine and look at what was on the TV landscape 50 years ago. Notice this was before cable, so these are all network shows. Since there were no VCRs yet, all these shows had substantial audiences watching in real time.

1. All in the Family (CBS)

2. Sanford and Son (NBC)

3. Hawaii Five-O (CBS)

4. Maude (CBS)

5. Bridget Loves Bernie (CBS)

6. The NBC Sunday Mystery Movie* (NBC)

7. The Mary Tyler Moore Show (CBS)

8. Gunsmoke (CBS)

9. The Wonderful World of Disney (NBC)

10. Ironside (NBC)

11. Adam-12 (NBC)

12. The Flip Wilson Show (NBC)

13. Marcus Welby, MD (ABC)

*This is kind of a cheat because it was really four shows that aired once/month: Columbo, MacMillan and Wife, McCloud and Hec Ramsey.


Please join us for THURSDAY THIRTEEN. Click here to play along, and to see other interesting compilations of 13 things.




3 comments:

  1. I watched most of those shows at my grandparents' house when we visited. They lived in the city and could receive all three channels, whereas at home on the farm I could only see whatever showed up on ABC. I guess that is why I've never been much of a TV watcher, growing up with such a limited choice most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched many of those shows even though they went way over my head (Maude, especially).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've watched any of those. I do want to watch Maude, though. I loved Bea Arthur in Golden Girls.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.