Saturday, September 05, 2015

Time flies

I can't believe it's 6:30 already! Where has the day gone?

I slept in. I wasn't ready to start moving until after noon, which means I was unable to drop off those groceries at the food pantry. (It's only open till noon.) Then I wandered over to Flat Top Grill, where I haven't eaten since there was still snow on the ground. It seemed like a nice way to spoil myself this Labor Day weekend.

I got so wrapped up in my book (Calico Joe, a gift from my aunt) and my lunch and my drink (Rumcata Colada) that I lost track of time. Got home and watched the middle/last innings of the Cubs-Diamondback game (our ace, Jake Arrieta, was on the mound). Then I took a nap and here we are.

It was a nice day, I guess, but there are so many things I wanted to/needed to get done. There's someone using the washers downstairs so I can't do laundry. Maybe I can attack the paperwork in the dining room (on the floor, to protect it from Reynaldo; I've discovered he only attacks papers on the table).


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day! You need a break!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.