Saturday, August 27, 2011

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: I Fought the Law

1. Have you ever been on the wrong side of the law? Prepare yourself to be shocked by my lawlessness: I jay walked in front of a police car. It was the Chicago Loop! Don't they have real criminals to think about? Apparently not. A cop actually used his loud speaker to call me out for it. "Lady! Woman in the black coat! Stop!" Of course I didn't. He followed me for a couple of blocks and gave up. Sheesh!

2. What was the last thing you described as either “surprisingly good” or “surprisingly bad?” Ryan and Tatum: The O'Neals. I began watching it by accident -- it came on after the show on Sarah Ferguson I had been watching. I never watched Sarah again, but I never missed an episode of this show. Ryan reminds me -- for good and ill -- so much of my late uncle! Overwhelming temper, terrible regret and undeniable charisma in one volatile package. And just as my uncle loved his cat, Bennie, Ryan has an ineffable soft spot for a puppy named Mozart.

3. When was the last time you unintentionally surprised someone else? At the office. As I was reaching for the frosted-glass doors, someone suddenly opened them from the other side.

4. When was the last time you deliberately surprised someone else? I don't recall.

5. What was the last really funny movie you watched? Horrible Bosses.

6. What is something that you've never done that you secretly are dying to do? Cross Abbey Road barefoot.

7. What do you hope is different in your life by August 2012? I hope I'll be looking back on next month's surgery and thinking how much better I feel.

8. Who is the last person you greeted at your door? Oh, no you don't! These last two questions were asked just two weeks ago!

9. If you could live in any ancient city during the height of the quality of its society and culture, which one would you choose? The nerve!

4 comments:

  1. hahaha it reminds me of my jaywalking experience before, good thing the cop did not catch me running lol. mine is up and its here thanks Points of View and Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn...I was in San Diego and missed that meme.
    That cop probably thought you were hot.

    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/08/guess-i-shoulda-surprised-him/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chuckled out loud at the police following you "Lady in the black coat..." It sounds like something out of a funny movie.

    I had to stop watching the Ryan & Tatum show, it was making me too anxious. I loved the Fergie show, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still getting over Paul at Wrigley. PLEASE tell me that U were THERE...

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.