Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday at Grandma's


Today my mom, my nephew and I played a couple games of Clue. It's always good to play board games with him because it inspires so much more interaction than video games. Today's memorable comment sprang from his observation that I brought a different edition of Clue than he had at his house. He jokingly wondered if the next version will be updated to include "chloroform and duct tape." That's how pervasive the Casey Anthony coverage has been! Even an 11-year-old boy knows details.

When I hugged my mother goodbye, I noticed that she is now shorter than I am. When did this happen?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...it was written all wrong. the only ones "shorter" in my family are a 10 yr & 2 year old
    I am shrinking as I type...
    The world directs our lives...hope your nephew stays away from the TV news. He is too young to know this stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved paying Clue with my kids, we still play it here when the power goes out.
    Awful that he would even know to make the connection with the chloroform and duct tape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How astute of your nephew. Board games are such fun, that's one thing I'm excited about for my upcoming family trip.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.