Thursday, March 24, 2011

In praise of the Peach Bowl ... and restraint

It's peach liqueur, orange juice and a lot of ice and I love it. I snuck away at lunch to a real restaurant, dined leisurely and without interruption on food that was brought to me by a server, sipped a cocktail as I read my book. It was $19, including tip. It was glorious.


Whereas I used to indulge in this practice about once a week, this is the first time I've done it since January 18. That's my austerity initiative for you. Not to mention that this one meal alone was more than 1500 calories.


I think I appreciate it more as a treat. Plus, as much as I enjoyed it, it's not really worth 6,500 calories and $82.33 each month, which is what I estimate I was wasting by doing this weekly.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't that cocktail called a Fuzzy Navel? Yummy! I envy your delightful and mindful lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy.

    This month has been HORRIBLE with finances (and calories) so next month I am definitely trying to get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:49 PM

    I do the bananas and I noticed you do the peaches. I do like peaches also in cobblers and just for eating.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.