Thursday, May 18, 2023

Like being stranded on the prairie

Miss me? I haven't actually been online since Monday evening. (I scheduled my WWW and TT posts in advance.) My modem crapped out, leaving me without any internet at all, no landline phone and no doorbell, which is connected to my wifi. I've felt like a pioneer woman. OK, so I was a pioneer woman with a cell phone and HD TV with just about every channel known to man, but still!

Tuesday morning I had a tooth pulled, so I wasn't up for having the Xfinity tech here that day. There were no appointments available for Wednesday. So Thursday at 1:30, I got my new modem and was reconnected to the world.


PS Shout out to Country Dew: Your explanation of my Anthony Rizzo adoration was letter perfect! Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. It is a true "modern problem" when the internet goes out. I hope you are feeling better now that your tooth is out and your wifi is back up and running. Have a good Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did wonder where you were...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered where you were, and have been reading up on your posts. I thought maybe you'd found something entertaining that you'd share when you could. I'm sorry it was dental work and a broken modem!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.