Friday, May 18, 2012

Farewell, old friend

Kerry Wood retired today. It was time.

I was nowhere near this copacetic when my beloved future Hall of Famer Greg Maddux hung it up. I miss him to this day. But that's because over his long and illustrious career, The Professor never spent a moment on the DL. Kerry Wood, unfortunately, nearly lived there.

This year has been especially frustrating for Kid K. When he hasn't been hurt, he's been struggling. So it's time for him to hang it up, when we all still remember him as our Rookie of the Year, the steely eyed, unflappable competitor who once struck out 20 players in a single game.

Players' careers never last as long as I want them to!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.