Sunday, September 28, 2008

I'm a fan

I'm watching Laura Linney right now as Sean Penn's hard-as-nails wife in Mystic River. Hard to believe this is the same actress who was so majestic, so wise as Abigail Adams (right) on HBO … and so sweetly twitterpated over her coworker (below) in Love, Actually ... and so earnest and confused in You Can Count on Me … and so sleek and ambitious in Primal Fear.

It has just occurred to me that I don't think I've ever seen this versatile actress be anything but very good.

1 comment:

  1. I really need to see John Adams... but I completely agree with you about her other performances. What I like about her, too, is that she seems like a real person, she's accessible.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.