Sunday, September 28, 2008

This just in: Cubbie Blue to prevail over Dodger Blue

It's all in place: the Phillies will play the Brewers and, in an all-blue matchup, the Cubs take on the Dodgers. I'm feeling strong and confident. Of course, it's more important that the Cubs feel strong and confident.

This series will be an emotional one for me, as there are Dodgers I feel genuine affection for: My beloved future Hall of Famer Greg Maddux and Nomar Garciaparra, who was a Cub briefly. So, while naturally it's vitally important that the Cubs defeat the Dodgers, I don't want them to humiliate the Dodgers.

Unless of course, Joe Torre has the temerity, the insensitivity, the complete and utter lack of respect to not carry Greg Maddux on his play-off roster. There should be no dissing the 7th winningest pitcher in the history of the game. Should that happen, I hope my Cubs frigging annihilate the Dodgers.

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.