Tuesday, September 30, 2008

DAY 30 -- September Fitness Challenge

You may not be able to tell, but our jump-roper is not smiling. At the end of the September Fitness Challenge, I don't believe I have lost a frigging ounce, which could be because I only moved my exercyclist seven spots toward my ultimate goal (which is to be in noticeably better shape by December 1).

This makes me sad.

I will try to focus on the bright side. It's been a source of amusement to some of you commenters, but I am VERY PROUD of the fact that I have virtually eliminated candy from my diet. Throughout the entire month of September, my candy/bakery intake has been:

• One chocolate chip brownie
• One package of Twizzlers (which I had at the movies, and since I consider Twizzlers or Sno-caps a part of the film-going experience, I'm not sure I regret it)
• One scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream

I have a prodigious sweet tooth, and have instead been satisfying it with yogurt and fruit. That makes me happy. Therefore I will concentrate on that as my September Accomplishment, and try to stay on the wagon, as it were.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I KNOW how hard it is to give up "teh sugah". I'm struggling with letting go of it now and that's hard. So, big ass props to you for your accomplishment. Sometimes (to add a dose of woo-woo to your day), what you start out working toward is not at all what you end up achieving (but in a good way). Lessons learned along the way, right?

    Congrats to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm envious at your ability to give up sugar. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.