Sunday, July 20, 2008

The more things change ...

Tonight I'm watching AMC's highly-acclaimed Mad Men for the first time. It's set in a Madison Avenue advertising agency ca. 1960. Except for the fact that everyone smokes, so much so that I want to wash my hair just from watching it, and that all the men openly call the women "honey," I'm surprised by how little the workplace has changed: Internal reviews are still a bitch, there's always an alpha (on the show it's Draper) and everyone waits to hear his reaction before they share their own, and when one of the agency leads takes ill, everyone jockeys for his position.

Gee, I can't wait to go to the office tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.