Sunday, July 20, 2008

"Maybe my blood pressure is a little high"

Yesterday we celebrated my friend John's birthday. A big Heath Ledger fan, he wanted to see The Dark Knight. So we did. He wanted to eat dinner at a specific restaurant near the movie theater because he enjoyed drinks with friends there and wanted to sample their menu. We did.

He didn't really like the movie. He was disappointed that the restaurant didn't serve burgers. I had a nice enough time, but he kept apologizing for the subpar movie and the limited menu. He wasn't drinking anything stronger than Sprite, and that is sooooo not like him.

He explained it away by saying he was tired, that his blood pressure was probably a little high. Almost two years ago, he suffered through a bout with heart failure and his recovery has been slow but steady. He didn't seem concerned by this, just weary and discontented, but it bothers me. Next week when I check in with him, I'll be sure to ask him if he's spoken to his doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.