Sunday, August 12, 2018

Sunday Stealing

See the Stars Ablaze

1 - You’re in a tattoo parlor about to get inked. What are you getting done? If I were to be convinced to get a tatt, I like this one. It's Sir Paul's signature Hofner bass.

2 - If you could be any character, from any literary work, who would you choose to be?
Jo from Little Women


3 - You’re given $10,000…under one condition: you cannot keep the money for yourself. Who would you give it to?
I'm assuming it's tax free. So, I'd give $1,000 each to:

Napoleon and his humans
• A Key West vet, so my friends Reg and Henry can get their dogs checked out thoroughly
• The Abraham Lincoln Library and Museum, because their current financial crisis is a sin
• My niece, who worries about her college loan
• The local food pantry 
• The animal shelter where I met my cats, Reynaldo and Connie 

Then I'd buy a $1,000 CVS giftcard so my oldest friend can get OTC meds and health/beauty ... but not cigarettes.

The rest would go to a trip to Washington DC with my nephew. That would make him so happy.

And this would all make me very happy!

4 - If you had to go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
I wouldn't have been as sharp tongued at times.


5 - If you had to delete one year of your life completely, which would it be?
1987 was not a good year for me.


6 - You’re an Action Movie Hero. What’s your weapon of choice and the line you scream when defeating your arch enemy?
My weapon of choice would be the free press, and my battle cry would be, "Print It!" (Take that, Mr. President.)


7 - What is the first curse word that comes to mind?
"Fuck." Though technically speaking, it's a vulgarity and not a curse word. I can be trashy tongued, but I seldom take the Lord's name in vain.


8 - Would you rather be stranded on a desert island with someone you love for ten years or someone you hate for a month? Explain why.
Someone I love for 10 years. Because it's someone I love.


9 - 5 things within touching distance:

My checkbook, the calculator, an envelope of receipts that will eventually go to my accountant, water bottle, and, of course, this computer.

10 - What are you supposed to be doing right now?
Showering. I can't believe I'm still not dressed!


11 - Currently wanting to see anyone?
Yes


12 - Would you go against your moral code for money?
I'd like to say "no," but I'm sure at times during my career in advertising I have promoted products or services that I personally would not use. So what exactly are you asking me to do?



13 - What’s more important to you: strength of the body or strength of the mind?
Mind.


14 - How important you think education is?
I agree with the founder of Faber College:



One of the first scenes of Animal House


15 - If you were the president, what would you do?
I'd try to be the President of all people. I wouldn't demonize everyone but the 35% who steadfastly support me.


Oh yeah, and I wouldn't mock the disabled.


7 comments:

  1. Interesting that you posted the "Knowledge is good" plaque. I'm all about knowledge - not so much about formal education.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best thought out gift of $10,000 of us all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your #6 answer. That is incredible. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent ways to share the $10K! Yes to knowledge and "eh" to a degree...depends on what you want to do if all the debt is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel sorry for so many of you who didn't get that #6 was A JOKE! If the obviousness of quote wasn't a giveaway, I thought the caption would be! Everyone needs to see Animal House ... NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got the Animal House reference--good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most weekends I like to be in my pajamas for a while, today was an exception, I am not sure what happened. Oh well. I enjoyed your answers very much. Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.