Saturday, November 22, 2008

Happy Birthday to me, pt. 3


Today is my real-live, honest-to-God birthday. I treated myself to a massage, which might be my last one with my regular therapist because she's looking for a new job closer to where she lives. I hope she finds what will make her happy, but I'll miss her. She's not only very nice but she does wonders for those knots between my shoulders, too.

Then I went to my mom's for my family birthday party. My niece got me coconut lotion and shower gel. My mom got me a book about the Bush administration's legal problems, a set of body butters and some eye cream. My sister and her husband gave me foot scrub and lotion. My little nephew gave me two novelty pennies -- one adorned with Wrigley Field, the other with the Chicago skyline. I am touched that he put so much care into this.

We all had pizza, black forest birthday cake and mint chocolate chip ice cream. A fine time was had by all.

2 comments:

  1. Standing.
    Pencil skirt blowing in the wind.
    Clearing throat....

    "Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Gaaaalllll.....lll! Happy birthday to you."

    Stepping out of the wind.
    That was my Marilyn impersonation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and my stepmom share the day! :-)

    Sounds like a very nice family party and the massage must have been heavenly.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.