Saturday, November 22, 2008

Saturday 9 -- Dreaming of You


1. What did you dream about last night? I don't remember the context, but Smokey Robinson provided the soundtrack. Considering how I feel about Smokey's voice, I suspect it was a dirty/romantic dream.

2. Do you often have nightmares? Not often. And when I do, I can usually blame it on something specific that I'm struggling with.

3. Do you have any special talents? I have a way with critters, and I can wiggle my right ear.

4. Who is the most talented person that you know? I recently worked with an art director named Steve who was very good at coming up with the absolute perfect graphics to accompany my copy. He had access to the same photo libraries as all the other art directors, but somehow he could zero in on the right image. Often he'd manipulate the shot, like cropping it tight or converting it to black and white. He moved to Portland earlier this year. I miss him. He was a joy to collaborate with.

5. What did you watch on TV last? Larry King Live, though Larry had the night off. Paul Begala was discussing Madame Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. I'm having a hard time letting the election go and am watching stories about the new Cabinet obsessively.

6. Is there a new TV show that you would recommend? I don't know how long it's been on, but I am a recent convert from the Today Show to Morning Joe on MSNBC. They cover politics/current events well, present a variety of opinions, and at times it's very funny. (I love the references to cohost Mika Brzezinski being on Ambien and vodka that early in the morning -- we've all had days at work where Ambien and vodka would help). Hearing Scarborough accidentally slip and say "fuck" when he clearly thought he'd said "the F word" was a lovely moment of schadenfreude. (He was telling a story about Chicago's own Rahm Emmanuel). The show is now on 7-second delay. Also, I've developed serious crushes on two regular contributors, Willie Geist and Harold Ford, Jr.

7. Who was the last person you phoned and why? I returned my mom's call. She wanted to know what kind of ice cream I want at my birthday party tonight. (Mint chocolate chip.)

8. Who was the last person who phoned you and why? My mom wanted to know what kind of ice cream I want at my birthday party tonight. (Mint chocolate chip.)

9. What was the last snail mail letter that you received? The last personal letter was from my cousin Rose.

Why not play along? Saturday 9: Dreaming of You

4 comments:

  1. It was an interesting election on so many levels. Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmm... mint chocolate chip ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:41 PM

    I love Smokey Robinson

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy Birthday! thanks for introducing me to this new meme site.
    LOVE smokey too!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.