Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It took two hours, but I VOTED

I have lived more than half my life in the same town, yet had never been inside Village Hall until today. Now I'm an expert on its layout. I can tell you how to find the public restrooms, animal control, and the window for paying traffic fines because the line of early voters snaked through the entire first floor.

I saw a report that said just over 55% of all registered voters cast a ballot in 2004. I predict we're about to see what happens when that percentage rises. My advice: Take a book and bottled water along when you go to vote Tuesday!

8 comments:

  1. I'm envious...we don't have early voting in Pennsatucky but I'll be there bright and early on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted on Monday. I am so relieved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:34 PM

    I wish I could vote ahead of time but NY doesn't offer early voting. I will definitely be bringing something to read though!

    www.silverneurotic.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have next Tuesday off and plan to get up bright and early so I can get in to vote and hopefully get out quickly. I will take a magazine or book just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two hours - wow! I don't have next Tuesday off (lucky Malcolm!) but am going to try to get off work early so I can make it to the polls. Maybe I'll try to go in the morning.

    Hmmm ... now I'm thinking that I need to come up with an actual plan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It took me just about an hour yesterday, but I voted early too and I’m glad I did.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I voted. I'm glad I did. Hopefully with the right president our country will be in a better place. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish we had that here in MD. I just know it's gonna be a huge clusterf*ck on Tuesday. I wish I had the day off so I could bring along some chairs and bottled water and treats for people. I may do that in the evening after work.

    Good on you!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.