Monday, October 22, 2007

No wonder I live for Dancing with the Stars

I have been watching MSNBC off and on this afternoon/early evening and it's left me quite depressed. None of what I've learned today is really new, but it is all stuff I've chosen to forget about and today it was presented to me, point after point after point:

• There are conspiracy theorists out there, looking normal and moving among us, who actually believe that the US Government knowingly allowed 9/11 to happen so Bush, Cheyney and the neo-cons could get their way and invade/occupy Afghanistan and Iraq. How sad! I have made no secret of my on-going disdain for and disappointment with my President, but I have never once believed him to be evil.

• There are other Americans out there -- and make no doubt about it: they voted in 2004 and will in 2008, too -- who still believe that Saddam Hussein was actively involved in the planning and execution of 9/11. It's been disproved time and again, but still, the hardcore insist on believing.

• Vice President Cheyney is spouting rhetoric about Iran that sounds like a lead up to war. Another, concurrent conflict. From the people who brought you Iraq and Afghanistan.

I hate all this. It depresses me to my bone marrow and leaves me soooo weary. The only thing that will soothe me is watching mind-numbingly inconsequential TV, and to hear Bruno say something fabulously ridiculous like, "You are a seismic event! Like an earthquake! Complete with aftershocks!"

2 comments:

  1. There are millions of people in the world and everyone has their own opinion. Dont let them get you down. Take comfort in what you believe, thats all that matters. BTW, I have an award for you over on my site if you wanna come and check it out:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I think the conspiracy theory is absolute hogwash, I still find it interesting that you could sit down and say, hmmm it is believable.

    Cheney is getting senial

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.