Friday, September 21, 2007

It was a wild one!


When I left the room to change my bed linens, the Cubs were up 4-1. By the time I smoothed out my top sheet, the score was tied! The final score was 13 to 8. It was a slugfest, with Ramirez getting 6 RBIs all by himself. I was happy to see Kerry Wood strike out two. It would be great to have him contribute in the post-season. Yes, I'm daring to dream.

I had kind of a a rough day off today. It's never fun to go to the doctor and while nothing out of the ordinary is wrong, I'm reminded of something JFK was fond of saying in private, "Old age is a shipwreck." Since I've outlived him, I shouldn't be surprised that I'm wrestling with age-related maladies like weight gain and high cholesterol.

But nothing makes me feel young again like a good Cub game. Hey, hey, holy mackerel, no doubt about it -- The Cubs are on their way. Thanks, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.