Saturday, October 14, 2006

Thanks, neighbor!

Frasier's dad, John Mahoney, has come home. Since the series ended, he has been living full-time in his Oak Park apartment, the one he's had for decades. Even when Frasier was being filmed, Mr. Mahoney would come home at least once a month. When I first moved here we were literally neighbors. Since I bought my own place, we're about 5 blocks apart. We've never met, but I have seen him around town over years, usually during the holidays.

I appreciate that when he is interviewed, he is careful to say that he has come home to Oak Park. He specifies this fabulous village. He works downtown, but he lives in Oak Park.

All the best people do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.