Saturday, October 14, 2006

Mets vs. Cardinals

So this is what hell looks like. As a Cub fan, I can think of no worse match up.

As I understand Major League Baseball, one team has to win this play off. I suppose, then, that I am for the Cardinals. For while I hate the Cards, I only do so because I was raised to. Generations of my family has just hated the Cardinals because that's what right-thinking Northsiders do.

The Mets, though. It's personal with me and the Mets, as it always is when your heart gets broken. I was still a little girl, but I loved just about every one of those Durocher Cubs. They were my team, a great team. And those 1969 Mets came out of nowhere, like the posessed demons they are, to dash our hopes. I hate the Mets.

So I guess all I can say is, "GO DETROIT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.