Saturday, July 18, 2026

Sunday Stealing

The Alphabet Meme

A is for Age. I'm 68. I like telling people how old I am now. It's always followed by, "No! You're not!" The first time it isn't, I will stop being so forthcoming.

B is for your Booze of choice. These days, tequila because I like margaritas. However I admire vodka for it's versatility and how well it plays well with others.

C is for Career. I had one for decades. Today I have a job: four hours/week and I don't have to worry about advancement.

D is for your Dog's name. Lassie. This is how she looked in her prime during the early 1960s, when she went everywhere with me. Now she rests comfortably on a shelf in my closet. 

E is for Everyday Essentials. That would be electricity! It makes my other essentials – icy beverages and air conditioning – possible.

F is for your Favorite Food. Beef. I like burgers and prime rib and steak.

G is for your favorite Game. Canasta.

H is for your Hometown. I watch this video and it washes over me that it's a privilege to live here.

 

I is for an Instrument you play. I recently volunteered at the library book sale and thrilled audiences with my performance on the tape gun. When I build and seal a carton of books, it stays built and sealed!

J is for your favorite Jam or Jelly flavor. Strawberry is #1, with grape a close second.

K is for Kids. I have no issue with them.

L is for the Last show or movie your watched. This week's movie group movie. It's a sentimental favorite of mine because it's the first film I watched with this group back in 2013. I had no idea then that the people I met would become a huge part of my life.


M is for your Most prized possession.This condo. I'm a terrible housekeeper and I hate doing homeowner things (I still need to get that wall patched and repaint the room), but buying was the wise thing to do financially. Rents being what they are, I couldn't get a studio for what I pay for this 2 BR, I love my neighborhood, and if I outlive my savings, I can sell it at a profit.

N is for the Name of your first crush. Sir Paul McCartney.

O is for what you Observe from your window. Rooftops and trees.

P is for Phobias. I hate airplane travel. 

Q is for your favorite Quote. "Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim." Nora Ephron

R is for Regret. I wish I'd taken better care of my teeth decades ago. 

S is for Sweets. Yes, please.

T is for the Time you wake up. Any time between 6:00 and 8:00 AM.

U is for Underwear. I am wearing underwear right now.

V is for your favorite Vegetable. Cooked peas. I love them as a side dish with butter, and it makes me happy to find them in casseroles and pot pies.

W is for your Worst habit. Procrastination. Laziness. Sloth. (You get the idea.)

 X is for X-rays. Most recently, I had a set of dental x-rays taken in the spring.

Y is for your Yummiest recipe. OK, this may not rock your world, but during this heatwave when it's simply too hot to cook, it's keeping me fed and alive. I take a cup of Minute Rice and add stuff – usually tuna but often marinara sauce and parmesan, or occasionally sweet and sour sauce. It's easy to digest and doesn't overheat the kitchen. Note to self: Minute Rice sells cups of brown rice which would be more nutritious and higher in fiber. Pick up some.

Z is for your Zodiac sign. I'm on the cusp between Scorpio and Sagittarius, so it depends on which horoscope I'm reading.

Boy, this took longer than I expected it to. I think I prefer my Sunday Stealings to be shorter and snappier. Who's in charge of this thing, anyway?

 


 

 

5 comments:

  1. I really like that quote - it is a good one!! I enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this friend in high school named Vito who was OBSESSED with Mildred Pierce. He died in 1991 from AIDS. I should probably see Mildred Pierce in his honor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who is in charge of Sunday Stealing, indeed! But this wasn't so bad. Minute Rice is not as bad for you as some would have you believe. Eat what you like and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your Lassie! I don't think I have any of my stuffed animals from childhood. I have some from college though.
    Josh loves Mildred Pierce.
    I want to get a part-time job after I retire too. Just a couple of days, just enough to get me out of the house a little. I tend to want to stay home if I have the choice. Josh thinks I should substitute teach, but I think I want to do something less stressful.
    I like the Sunday Stealing short and snappy too. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading your answers. I may play along! I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.