Tuesday, August 08, 2023

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 7

My 2023 Happiness Icon

Today's Happiness: Cannabis and community. 

• MedMen -- I have never smoked pot because the scent is obnoxious. That said, a birthday gift should be about the recipient, not my personal taste, and Tuesday we are celebrating Gregory's birthday. He partakes, so I went to the local dispensary. For the first time in my life I bought something cannabis related. I was amused by how incredibly legit, well-lit and respectable it was. I left with a cute little bag with their logo emblazoned on it and even got a senior discount!

• Movie Group -- This week we saw a charming a little film (This Happy Breed) and Monday was our lively Zoom discussion. It washed over me how much I enjoy our little group. Not just for the movies but for us. There's Bonnie, who is confused by the plot every damn week; Larry, who writes down his favorite bits of dialog and reads them to us; Peter the shrink who at length explains the psychological motivations of each of the characters and Audrey, who falls asleep on camera while he speaks; Wendy, who thinks I'm funny so we share snarky asides in a private chat ... We're a diverse, idiosyncratic little family, with Will is our moderator and indulgent dad. I was so happy when the meeting ended.

 

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.