Sunday, June 04, 2023

Sunday Stealing

 





Stolen from League of Extraordinary penpals





1. What are your plans for June? I've got some doctor appointments, some dentist appointments, some volunteer hours to log in preparation for the local library book sale and a trip to the Art Institute of Chicago planned.

2. Your mid year resolutions or goals. To continue with yoga and drinking more water.

3. Are you good at taking care of plants. Yes.

4. What makes you feel nourished. I suspect I'm supposed to give a deep, emotional response here, but what comes to mind is the really fantastic cheeseburger I had Saturday afternoon while dining with my nephew.

5. Which animals do you see most in your area. Dogs, squirrels, sparrows, rabbits, and my cat Roy Hobbs is right here with me as I answer these questions.

6. Books on your summer reading list. I'm looking forward to Camera Girl: The Coming of Age of Jackie Bouvier Kennedy. Carl Sferrazza Anthony is a respected writer/researcher and an expert on our nation's First Ladies, so I expect this study of Jackie's early years to be credible and informative, not salacious.

7. Projects you want to tackle this summer. Nothing particular. It would be nice if I got the caulk around the tub replaced, but it won't be fatal if I don't get around to it.

8. Do you have weddings, graduations, summer celebrations. My friend John's birthday in July.

9. Which summer snacks are you excited to enjoy again. There are three local ice cream shops that can look forward to my business.

10. How much time do you like to take for vacations. Usually 4-5 days is plenty for me. Then I want to get back home.

11. How much has changed since last summer? Since last summer I've had some health problems and I retired.

12. Something that would be out of character for you. Watching NASCAR. Or football. It's a toss up as to which sport leaves me colder.

13. What do you miss about winter? The vibe. People tend to be friendlier in the cold then they are during the scorching days of summer.

14. Your favorite free/cost effective ways to have fun. I love the library!

15. Who do you trust most to house & pet sit. Either my friend Kathleen or my nephew.



2 comments:

  1. Your answer to #3 was actually very insightful. You are nourished by good food, family, interactions, and being out and about occasionally. It's a great answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We both have July birthdays to look forward to. We are going to Santa Barbara for my son's birthday and I am looking forward to visiting an ice cream store I've been reading about.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.