Sunday, April 23, 2017

Sunday Stealing

 
Cheers to all of us thieves!

Sunday Stealing: The Money Time Questions

1. What are five passions that you have? (If you have less than five, tell us what you do have interests.)

•  The WORLD CHAMPION Chicago Cubs
•  The Beatles
•  Animal welfare, beginning in my community
•  Ending hunger in my community
•  Protecting a woman's right to choose

2. List up to ten random facts about yourself.

•  With each trip to the grocery store, I forget to pick up one thing I went for. (Saturday, it was butter.)
•  I sleep curled in a fetal position.
•  When I fly, I like the aisle seat.
•  I can't wear ear buds. I prefer around-the-neck headphones.
•  First baseman Anthony Rizzo is my current favorite Cub.
•  I am embarrassed to admit that I voted for Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich ... twice.
•  When I go to the movies, I have to stop at the concession stand.
•  I am a terrible housekeeper.
•  I go through periods where absolutely every person on the planet annoys me.
•  I am allergic to bee sting, morphine, and the antibiotic erythromycin.
 
3. List five people (personal, historic, living or dead) who have had a major impact on your life or the way you think.

•  John F. Kennedy
•  Abraham Lincoln
•  Elizabeth Edwards
•  Jesus
•  My uncle Ted

4. List 5 things you'd tell your 15 year-old self, if you could.

•  Apply sunscreen religiously!
•  These are, by far, the worst years of your life. Things will get better.
•  Cultivate that "fast mouth" of yours. In the not-so-distant future, people will pay you for your way with words.
•  You never will need math. In the future, everyone will have a personal computer with a calculator built right in.
•  The Cubs will win the World Series. Hang in there.

5. What is a major strength that you have? (You can list more than one. Staying with our no rules approach.) I think fast on my feet.


6. What is a major weakness that you have? (You can list more than one. STILL staying with our no rules approach.) I'm messy.

 
7. Describe the family dynamic of your childhood versus your family dynamic now. No, thank you. Questions like this make me sad.


8. What popular notion do you feel that the world has most wrong? That whole "small government/pull yourself up by the bootstraps" approach. It's devoid of compassion, and it assumes that the person you're speaking of has boots.


9. Name three things that always cheer you up when you are down.

•  The Beatles
•  The Cubs
•  My cats

10. Name three things would you like to be remembered for?

•  A good friend
•  A good writer
•  A good aunt


5 comments:

  1. Your answers to #1 are way better than mine - so altruistic. I didn't even think in that direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your answers were great and loved getting to know more about you, but I should steal the one about using sunscreen to tell my 15 year old self. I had several second degree sunburns when I was younger. One of my secret fears is skin cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a dyed in the wool Giants fan but even I was cheering for the Cubs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew that the Cubs, and rightly so, would figure in this! I love that you love them so whole heartedly, and they really did themselves proud.
    Loved reading your answers, as always. Thanks for this meme every week, Gal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I thought I was the only person who doesn't use/like earbuds! They just don't work for me.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.