Friday, January 09, 2015

Trifecta!

Thursday was not a good day for this gal and her resolutions. I didn't work out, I didn't brown bag my lunch and I didn't do anything to improve my home environment.

But today was a new day. I worked out, ate a lunch I'd brought from home, and when I'm done blogging I'm going to pack up this year's Christmas cards and get them out of here and help a good cause.


St. Jude's Ranch for Children* "transforms the lives of at-risk children, young adults and families by empowering them to create new chances, new choices and new hope in a caring community." They support their good work by selling recycled greeting cards. Kids take the fronts of used cards, attach new backs, and sell them at 10/$17.

In addition to the cards people were nice enough to send me in 2014, I'm sending them the fronts from the boxes of unused Christmas cards I received from charities in years gone by. I had collected way, way more than I could use, but it seemed so wrong to just dispose of perfectly good cards. I'm glad that finally they will be put to good use … and finally out of here!


-->
*Not to be confused with St. Jude's Children's Hospital in Memphis, which also does wonderful but very different work.
-->
the lives of abused and at-risk children, young adults and families by empowering them to create  new chances, new choices and new hope in a caring community.  - See more at: https://stjudesranch.org/about-us/#sthash.YjV9OCzv.dpuf
transforming the lives of abused and at-risk children, young adults and families by empowering them to create  new chances, new choices and new hope in a caring community.  - See more at: https://stjudesranch.org/about-us/#sthash.YjV9OCzv.dpuf
transforming the lives of abused and at-risk children, young adults and families by empowering them to create  new chances, new choices and new hope in a caring community.  - See more at: https://stjudesranch.org/about-us/#sthash.YjV9OCzv.dpuf

2 comments:

  1. I love St. Jude's, and I think it is a great idea to send old Christmas cards to them instead of just throwing them away! I only got 1 or 2 cards this year though. In recent years, people haven't been sending as many, instead putting out a general "happy holidays" message on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I send my cards to St. Jude's as well. I think they also take non-Christmas greeting cards...all those birthday cards I've just thrown away...

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.